Sunday 13 March 2016

Everyday Hair Accessories

Everyday Hair Accessories Flat Lay Pop Bands Donut Clips Bobby Pins Gold

I know what you're thinking - every time I see the title of a post saying something about hair accessories, I expect to see sparkly scrunchies and My Little Pony clips, but that's not what I mean.  Teaching children every day means I am constantly conscious of where my hair is - I definitely don't want any 'visitors' so I always tie my hair up and these are the hair accessories I usually reach for.
Although my hair is a little longer, there isn't really enough of it to create a nice-looking top knot.  It ends up small and kind of pathetic, so a hair donut is essential for me.  They're so easy to use, comfortable to wear and look so much better.  For work, I don't usually go for anything fancy but sometimes if I have a bit more time on my hands I'll add a braid too.  All I do is tie my hair up and slip the donut over the ponytail, wrap my hair around the donut and secure it with another bobble.  I tuck any stray ends in using bobby pins and I'm good to go!

When my hair isn't in a bun, I just go for a straight forward ponytail using my Popbands.  They look cute, they don't hurt or pull my hair and they don't leave a huge kink in my hair - perfect!

Because I tie my hair up all week, I usually leave it down on the weekend.  If I don't leave it loose, I'll pull a few pieces to the back of my head and hold them in place with this H&M Round Hair Clip or the H&M Gold Hair Pins.  I love using these in my hair, and they also make fab blog photo props!

What do you use to hold your hair in place?

8 comments:

  1. grips are my holy grail essentials I cannot go a day without them!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap, I get too many fly-aways not to use them!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha I love that little postcard you've got there. Story of my life with donuts!

    Hair wise, grips all the way!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me feed me never leave me - I love it! If you don't like kinks you should also try those invisibobbles - the ones that look like telephone cords. They're great!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive heard they're good, I'll have to try!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have a ton of hair, but even my top knots look absolutely pathetic sometimes! It's a bit disheartening. The donut buns are a life saver when I need my hair up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it's difficult to get it looking full without a bit of artificial help!
      xx

      Delete