Sunday 23 August 2015

Brecon County Show


On August 1st I set my alarm bright and early and hopped in the car heading for Brecon for the annual County Show.  After feeling jealous looking at all of the photos from the 2014 show I was desperate to go for a look around this year. It was a bit grey and rainy so we put our waterproof coats on and headed up to mid-Wales.  It's in the middle of nowhere and we were struggling to find 4G to use my Google Maps app, but it was really well signposted and I managed to find it without any help from the internet! 






It is essentially a farm show, so there were loads of animals, machinery and little stalls to browse.  We paid £9 each to get in which seemed a bit expensive initially, but it was so worth it - we had a fab day!  We loved looking around all the poultry (although I did feel sorry for them in their little cages, even if it was only for one day) and we had the most delicious fudge ever from one of the little food stalls.







There were tents filled with crafts, perfectly formed vegetables, enormous vegetables, beautiful flowers, delicious cakes and pretty much everything you can imagine - even a watermelon whale! There were people from all walks of life wandering around the tables and looking at all the different things.  The tents were perfect for escaping from the rain showers!







There were literally hundreds of dogs walking around the show, and when we stumbled across the dog agility field it was clear why - there were all sorts of people and dogs completing the ability trail and it was so entertaining to watch.  We ended up sitting there watching for ages! We also watched a few dog competitions, my favourite my far had to be the prettiest pup category, they were so cute!


At the end of the day we watched some horse relays in front of a gorgeous rainbow.  I've never been a fan of show jumping, but I found myself really getting into it! It was a fab way to end the day before heading home for a huge Chinese take-away!

I've got my fingers crossed that I can head back to the show next year, the poor weather didn't ruin the day but I'd love to go again on a sunny day so I'll be keeping an eye out on their website (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment