Tuesday 30 June 2015

Summer Nail Polish Shades


Admittedly, I never really stop wearing summery nail varnish shades.  I add in the odd deep red shade during the winter and a bit of sparkle around Christmas but that's about it - I love bright nails with the odd pastel shade thrown in for good measure.  These are my top picks for the summer this year.



I bought this Sephora shade on holiday last year, but I can't see the shade name anywhere on the bottle.  It's a typical summery bright pink shade which looks perfect on your toes and enhances a tan like nobody's business.
Topshop's Awol might be my all time favourite nail polish shade. Ever.  The formula isn't perfect, it chips pretty easily regardless of the base and top coat, but the royal blue shade is so beautiful I apply it at least once a fortnight.
My newest nail purchase is the China Glaze Violet Vibes after spotting endless gorgeous pictures of purple nails on Pinterest.  I have never tried a China Glaze polish before, but I'm pretty impressed.  It needs a few coats before being opaque, but lasts pretty well.
OPI I Eat Maine-ly Lobster has been a summer favourite of mine for years.  It's a bright coral with a hint of hardly noticable golden shimmer which looks perfect on fingers or toes regardless of whether your tanned or not.
Lastly, the Barry M Gelly Polishes are quickly becoming my all-time favourite nail polish formulation, and their less than £4.  They are opaque, super shiny even without a top coat and long lasting.  Perfect on fingers and toes, I have about 10 shades now.  This one is Sugar Apple, a beautiful pastel green. (I am tempted by that pale blue Barry M Speedy polish though).

What are your go-to summer nail varnishes?

8 comments:

  1. I love Topshop nail polishes and that blue is stunning!
    Catherine xx | Brighton Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Barry m gelly, they are fab and that shade is gorgeous.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, they last so long without any chips!
      xx

      Delete
  3. ooh loving that purple shade :) I'm so lazy when it comes to my nails. I go weeks before I put another one. I probably should paint them today...

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's gorgeous! I'm a bit lazy too, I always do it on the weekend though
      x

      Delete
  4. These are great shades! China Glaze have some great colours for Summer. Barry M Sugar Apple is one of my favourites, I haven't worn it in a while actually - I might dig it out!

     Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete