Sunday 12 October 2014

September Favourites


I realise this is a little bit late, but I've been a bit rushed off my feet with the new job and am only now getting round to photographing my favourite things from this month - oops!

As I said, the new job has taken quite a bit of getting used to; I'm tired the majority of the time.  Pairing my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers with the highlight shade from the Naked Basics palette is doing a good job of making my eyes look a little more awake on a daily basis.  The other part of my face really showing how much teaching is taking it out of me is my lips - they're dry, chapped and horrible.  The Nuxe Reve De Miel is slathered on as often as I remember to inject a bit of hydration and smooth everything over.

My oily skin is still up to its old tricks and needs a powder top-up a few times a day.  I've been switching between the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder and this little Soap and Glory beauty.  Although the packaging is a bit bulky, I love the natural finish and it doesnt't leave me looking cakey in the slightest!

I tend to avoid lipstick for work and go for a slather of balm, but on the weekends I'm loving cracking out the bold shades.  Throughout September I've worn MAC Rebel almost every time I've put lipstick on.  I love the autumnal berry shade, and the pretty stain left behind when it wears off isn't bad either.


I haven't worn much jewellery lately, apart from my two essentials - I never take my Pandora ring off, and lately my Charles Worthington watch is a daily necessity.  I love catching little glimpses of them throughout my day.  It's easy to forget things you always wear when writing these monthly posts, but if anything they're even more of a favourite!

2 comments: