Sunday 5 October 2014

Products I Don't Regret Buying


I love reading blogs, but my bank account hates me for it.  Occasionally I end up wasting my money on something that just doesn't work for me but thankfully, the majority of what I buy I end up loving, and there are a special few products which I definitely don't regret spending my pennies on.

Illamasqua Matte Veil is the best primer I've tried so far; it mattifies my skin without drying it out at all and keeps my make up in place for a lot longer than primers I've tried in the past.  The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Flawless Finish Concealer not only wins the award for the longest name, but it's also my go-to concealer for covering blemishes and dark circles - I'm on my second tube in the shade 02.

I use Benefit Hoola every single day - sometimes to warm up my complexion but usually to contour a little bit.  It's the perfect shade for my skin tone and it's lasted years. I've used it every day for at least 3 years and I have the tiniest bit left in the bottom - I hit pan about 6 months ago and I've been trying my best to make it last as long as possible.  It will definitely be re-purchased when pay day comes around.  I bought Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine in a blog sale ages ago and I love it, I always end up coming back to it because I know it makes my skin look really healthy and glowing.  I only own three eye shadow palettes and I do love them all, but my favourite has to be the Naked basics - I love how versitile it is, including the highlight shade and a perfect match for my brows.

I ummed and ahhed about buying the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray for months and I'm so annoyed at myself for it, because it's a life saver! If you've got oily skin, don't put off buying this - trust me!

I am a bit of a lip-product girl, but some that I definitely don't regret buying are the Nuxe Reve de Miel, the Sephora Matte Lip Creme in 01 and MAC Coral Bliss - all three are really comfortable to wear, look lovely on the lips and are worth every penny in my books!

What products don't you regret buying?

4 comments:

  1. I really love Hoola too, it's the perfect shade <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'm heartbroken mine is almost finished! x

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you've been using Hoola for three years!! It kinda makes me sad in a way, because I've yet to hit pan on any of my blushes/bronzers and AT THIS RATE, IT'LL BE THREE YEARS BEFORE I HIT PAN ON ONE THING, GEEZ. I seriously need to try out one of Laura Mercier's blushes though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever hit pan on this bronzer and one MAC blush, so it's hardly a regular occurence for me either! I do love the LM blush, it's a dream to apply. I'm fancying a more A/W appropriate shade x

      Delete