Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday Post: Blogger Inspired


For the last three years I've regularly read beauty blogs and watched beauty youtubers in my spare time, making it impossible not to have a wishlist as long as my arm.  I'm not terrible at buying into hype, but sometimes I just can't resist, and more often than not it pays off - all of these products were inspired by blogger hype and I've ended up loving them!

The Real Techniques brushes are hugely well-known in the blogosphere, mainly because they were created by youtuber Sam Chapman.  They're incredibly high quality considering their low price, and I use mine every single day.  The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is probably one of the most talked-about high street concealers, and for good reason.  It's got good coverage and staying power to rival a much higher end concealer.  I wasn't particularly fussed about MAC until I started blogging, but I soon had a wishlist as long as my arm - you can't fault their amazing range of products and shades.  The powder blush in Melba and Mineralised Skin Finish in Stereo Rose probably wouldn't have had a second glance if I was in store, but after seeing reviews and swatches, I had to add them to my collection - they're perfect summer shades.

The Urban Decay Naked palette was on my wishlist for well over a year before I added it to my collection as my first ever 'proper' eye shadow palette.  It's had so much love over the last couple of years, and is still regularly used to create eye looks for all occasions.  When I purchased my UD Naked palette, a mini sample of the Primer Potion was included and I loved it so much that I immediately repurchased a full size version which I still use every single time I wear eye shadow.  When the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eye shadows were released, there were hundreds of reviews floating around, and they're still regularly mentioned in tutorials and favourites.  I picked up On and On Bronze and Permanent Taupe, and they're perfect for a quick and easy wash of colour.  Strictly speaking, I never bought my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers as I won them in a give-away when I first started blogging, but they quickly because an everyday essential - not a day goes by where I don't clamp my lashes with these to widen my eyes and make me look more awake.

The Revlon Lip Butters were hugely hyped last year, I managed to stick to just 3 but I know a lot of people who bought loads of them.  They're perfect to add a hint of colour when I'm in school and I don't fancy a bold lip.  Lastly, my most recent blogger-inspired purchase is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick.  So many bloggers have claimed this is the best matte lip they have ever worn that I just couldn't resist, and I'm glad I didn't.  I don't have a similar lip shade, it's super comfortable to wear and it doesn't dry my lips out at all - it's love.

What products have bloggers inspired you to buy?

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've actually yet to buy any of the Naked palettes or any MAC stuff, LOL. I know practically every beauty enthusiast has at least one of the Nakeds, but I never got around to picking one up! And I'm meh about MAC--quality seems good enough, but there's so many shades and finishes, it all gets overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the original and this Basics one - I have to admit, I do love them! I don't have much from MAC but their lipsticks are pretty impressive :)

      Delete