Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday Post: Bedtime Essentials


I love my sleep, so at night I'm not one for an hour-long routine before I climb into bed - I'd much rather a few quick steps that I know work before cuddling up under the covers.  Apart from removing my make up, cleaning my skin and teeth and popping on some comfy PJs, these are the things I find myself reaching for every night to inject a bit of much-needed moisture.

The La Roche Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion Micro-Exfoliant is something I pop onto a cotton pad and swipe over my skin every night without fail to help cell turnover and avoid blocked pores.  Next a bit of hydraluron smeared over my face followed by La Roche Posay Effaclar H to give my dehydrated skin a bit of a moisture boost overnight.  On my lips, I reach for my trusty Blistex Medplus to keep my smackers smooth.

My last night-time essential is my Kindle.  I'm a bit of a bookworm and this summer I've read quite a few books which I just can't put down! At the moment I'm reading The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Flier, but I've also downloaded The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and Veronica Roth's Divergent which I'm looking forward to reading.  Any book recommendations I would welcome with open arms, just pop them in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. You definitely need a kindle as a bed time essential! I love reading mine in bed :) I have recently read "The Help" and "The Time Traveler's Wife" and would really recommend both xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read both of them! I wasn't too keen on The Help if I'm honest, but The Time Traveler's Wife is too sweet :) x

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this, I am the same with my nightly routine, I just want to get into bed! I really want to try all the products you've mentioned now, especially hydraluron, I need to start reading in bed at night, I really envy those who can get into books easily x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the IndeedLabs Moisture Jelly so I can put hydraluron and my moisturiser into one step - forever shortening my routine! x

      Delete
  3. I love shutting off all devices (macbook, iPad, iPhone) and tucking into bed with a good read on Kindle. Otherwise i'll be awake for hours on various blogs/social media x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! Every once in a while i can't resist though, I'm up until all hours reading blogs! x

      Delete
  4. Great post, I love simple and easy night time routines so this sounds great. It's such a shame but I've not had the time or energy to read in bed recently due to my new job, might pick up one of your recommendations in the Kindle store though!

    Alexandra
    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when you run out of time to read, it always seems to happen when settling into something new! x

      Delete
  5. What a perfect cherry picked pampering

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading before bed :) apart from when you get proper sucked into a book and before you know it it's the early hours of the morning and you've almost finished it!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - especially when you've got an early morning! x

      Delete