Friday 1 August 2014

July Favourites


July has been a pretty full-on month for me; between a week in portugal, turning 21, meeting my new class for September, finding a flat and graduating the month seems to have literally flown by.  This afternoon Rob and I are travelling to the Midlands to spend the weekend in a cute little cottage as my birthday treat (see updates on my twitter and instagram) which I'm so excited for, but before that I thought I'd pop up a quick favourites post.



My parents kindly treated me to a yellow iPhone 5C for my birthday, and it's so lovely to use and I love love love the colour.  I had my iPhone 4 for three years, and it was getting seriously slow, so it's luxury having a new one! I use the same apps as are on my iPad, which you can read about in this post.  Another birthday present I've been loving is my beautiful Olivia Burton watch (here) which I haven't taken off my wrist.

Beauty-wise I've been loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear Flawless Finish concealer.  My skin has been a bit all over the place lately and this easily covers up any blemishes without looking cakey or dry.  I've also been using the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray all month because it's been pretty warm over the last few weeks in the UK, and sticky weather doesn't mix well with oily skin.  This spray has helped prolong a matte finish and stop my make-up from sliding off my face.  Another make-up goody I've been loving is this mini Clinique Chubby Stick which I got free in a Glamour Magazine.  I've never tried a Clinique chubby stick before but this is so lovely to apply and wear, the pencil format makes it perfect for on-the-go so this has been living in my handbag this month.  Lastly, this month I can't get enough of my two new Sephora brushes.  I wont go into too much detail because there's a post coming up, but they are so soft and loooovely to apply make up with.

What have you been loving this month?

8 comments:

  1. love your Olivia burton watch hun, and de slick is the best setting spray ever :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watch is gorgeous! So pretty. I love the Clinique Chubby Sticks too, they're so easy to apply and feel wonderfully smooth and hydrating.
    Check out my July favourites over at http://lil-loves.blogspot.com :)
    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I completely agree, I'm desperate to add another shade to my collection :) I'll head straight over for a read x

      Delete
  3. I've been using the Estee Lauder double wear light, I think that concealer would go really well with it! x

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying to try that foundation for a while now, it sounds lovely :) x

      Delete
  4. I love the Urban Decay Setting Sprays, they're life savers! I'm desparate to try the Double Wear concealer! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the concealer is definitely worth the money! so much coverage without the cakeyness :) x

      Delete